Tonight, the Parr Center for Ethics is hosting a panel discussion on the ethics of health care reform.
The panelists are:
- Ralph Byrns, Adjunct Professor, Department of Economics.
- Jon Oberlander, Associate Professor, Department of Social Medicine in the School of Medicine, Department of Health Policy Management in the Gillings School of Global Public Health; Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Political Science.
- Winston Parris, Professor of Anesthesiology, Division Chief, Pain Management, Duke University School of Medicine.
- Tom Ricketts, Professor of Health Policy and Administration and Social Medicine; Director of the Health Policy Analysis Unit, Cecil G. Sheps Center for Health Services Research.
- Greg Salmieri, Lecturer and Fellow in Objectivity and Values, Department of Philosophy.
- Lin Zinser, Vice President of Public Outreach, Ayn Rand Center.
The event begins at 6:30 PM today, in Rosenau 133 (School of Public Health building).
Update: Massive technical failures prevented live-blogging of this event. Stay tuned for Yelena Pecheny’s commentary on the discussion.